Information for California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting and Using Data: For each category of personal information we collect, we may use the personal information for the business and commercial purposes listed in “What We Do with User Information” here.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data: Each category of personal information we collect is collected from you and the sources described in “Information We Collect from Other Sources” here.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers; and internet and electronic network activity information.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Data: We may share each category of personal information that we collect with the third parties listed in ‘How We Share Information’ here.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by emailing email@example.com. Please note at this time the CCPA only applies to California residents.
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of the personal information we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from or about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our Services may no longer be available to you.
- Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about Personal Information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, and to give you the ability to opt out of such sales. We share information that identifies you personally such as your name or email address when you submit a review, request information, or otherwise interact with the Services.
Note that in order to opt out of cookie and other device identifier sharing, you will need to exercise this choice on every browser or device you use to access our Services, and you will need to renew your choice if you clear your cookies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your consumer rights under CCPA. We will not deny you goods or services, provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services, nor suggest that you may receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
Submit A Request
To submit your CCPA request, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send a verification request to the email address provided and confirm the request upon receipt of your response. If you have more than one email address on record with Retirement Living, you will have to initiate a separate consumer request for each email address on file.
California Shine the Light Law
California’s Shine the Light law permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To make such a request, or to opt out of this sharing, please see the “Contact Us” page.
Your European Union and Swiss Privacy Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you are in Switzerland, you have the right to access, correct or erase the personal data we hold about you. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local EEA Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. For Swiss residents, contact details of the Swiss data protection authority, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html.