Having a steam shower at home is a dream come true for many. Their installation is certainly expensive but it’s possible to save on the installation cost considering other alternatives.
For example, you could hire someone to do the installation at a fixed price or get to work and do it yourself. You could also design your own steam shower or choose a prefabricated model from a hardware store.
If you’re still not sure if your budget is enough to install a brand-new steam shower at home, don’t worry. Today we’ll show you how the steam shower installation cost varies depending on the chosen configuration.
Steam Shower Installation Cost
Average Cost of Materials and Installation
The cost of materials and installation may vary depending on the design, size and accessories of the steam shower. The average price is close to $4,500. This price also includes a wet steam generator, pipes and fittings.
The average labor rate is around $550 and can be even higher if you decide to do all the work with a contractor. You could save some extra money if you hire qualified plumbers and electricians separately. Or even better, you could save that money and do it yourself. However, it isn’t advisable to try this if you don’t have the required experience.
Custom Steam Shower Installation Cost
If the space available in your bathroom doesn’t fit the size of prefabricated models, it’s better to opt for a custom design. Usually, installing a custom steam showers is more expensive than installing a prefabricated model. So, you have to be willing to spend the necessary money to get the job done.
The average installation costs may vary between $4,000-$14,500. The more complex and luxurious the design of the steam shower, the higher the price. So, if your budget is small, don’t choose too expensive materials and accessories.
Glass Doors & Walls Cost
Glass shower doors look amazing in a steam shower. In addition, they’re very easy to clean and are resistant to scratches, mold and limescale. The average price of glass shower doors is around $500-$1300. The price may vary based on:
- Glass type
Usually, clear glass is much cheaper than rain glass. Rain glass allows the passage of light, but prevents curious people from looking through it. So, if privacy is your biggest concern, you’ll certainly have to pay more.
On the other hand, the installation price of glass walls may vary between $700-$2,000. The price may also increase if you decide to install a transom and other accessories.
- ♔ Features: This is a constant temperature LED shower. This bath and shower trim features an adjustable, water-saving SPA LED showerhead, and an easy-to-operate lever handle. Pair this trim with a Rite-Temp pressure-balancing valve, which maintains your desired water temperature during pressure fluctuations.
- ♔ Features: rain shower, SPA mist shower, hand shower, Thermostatic control valve, embedded ceiling shower head, LED chromotherapy.
- ♔ LED color change: When the temperature exceeds 50 degrees, it automatically stops working, preventing burns. LED lights can automatically change color with different temperatures: 0-29 degrees: blue, 30-39 degrees: green, 40-49 degrees: red, 50 degrees and above: red flashing high temperature alarm.
- ♔ UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY: Thermostatic shower system is high-flow shower valve, 14-18L / min.7 new technological coating layers electroplating to get anti-rust, never rust.The older children and pregnant women can use. This shower head can experience the true feeling of rain, as well as SPA body massage to relieve spray, fatigue and stress. It is your best choice, a decision to enjoy life.
- ♔ WARRANTY - 10 years warranty on the principle part, 1 year warranty on LED light and shower hose! Any quality problem, please feel free to contact us
Tile Wall Installation Costs
The minimum size of a steam shower is 3X3X7 feet. Covering that space with brand new 12X12-inch tiles would have an average cost between $650-$1,300. This price includes the cost of materials, tools and labor.
Steam Generator Price
The choice of the size and power of the steam generator will depend on the available space in your new steam shower. The greater the space, the greater the steam generation must be. For a minimum size steam shower, a low-end generator would work quite well. Its price is around $1,000-$1,500.
In the market, the price of a high quality generator is between $1,000-$6,000. You better consult an expert to find the most appropriate model for your steam shower so you don’t end up spending too much.
You’ll also need a control panel for your generator whose price could vary between $100 to $900. More expensive models have sophisticated touchscreens to control steam flow, lighting and background music.
Average Installation Cost Of A Steam Room
If you want to have a steam generation system independent of your current shower, preferably opt for a steam room. In essence, steam rooms are the same thing as saunas. However, the main difference is that steam rooms use wet steam while saunas use dry steam.
The average installation cost of a prefabricated steam room can vary between $20-$70 per sft. On the other hand, custom steam rooms are much more expensive to install, with an average cost between $45-$130 per sft.
Walk-in shower steam rooms are a much cheaper alternative, eliminating the need for installing glass doors and walls. In these cases, the average installation price is around $12 per sft.
Factors That Could Increase the Steam Shower Installation Cost
Your steam shower can be as cheap or expensive as you want. It all depends on the quality of the materials and accessories you decide to install. However, there are other additional upgrades that can take the showering experience to a whole new level. Here are some of them:
You can install a stereo with speakers on each corner of the steam shower. You can play some relaxing music while enjoying a warm steam shower over your body.
You can hire an expert electrician to install a lighting adjustment system so you can conveniently control the intensity of light you need.
If you intend to spend a long time inside the shower, you better install comfortable, moisture-resistant seats. If the available space is enough, you could install a built-in bench. On the other hand, if space is quite limited, a foldable seat is the best option.
If you don’t want to leave your shower to control steam flow, temperature and other important functions, install a remote control system.
- ★ PURIFIES WATER FILTER helps fast remove chloramine fluoride and chlorine, heavy metals and other sediment and inhibits the growth of scale in the bath tub
- ★ BODY CARE less well risk of developing eczema, reduces dry itchy skin, dandruff cares about the health of the skin, hair, nails ideal for bathing children and your Pets
- ★ COMPLETE COMPATIBILITY can be placed over overhead, handheld, rainfall, and combo shower heads for versatile home use. Protect filtered the whole shower in the house from dirty water
- ★ CONSISTENT WATER PRESSURE our high-performance inline water filter won’t reduce existing water pressure for an improved rinse. Act as a moisturizer, purifier, softener and gives the best feeling for sensitive skin body wash. This will help removal with rust and iron
- ★ BENEFITS OF PURIFIED WATER: Clarified water activates your cell, increases the oxygen content in the blood, REMOVES UNPLEASANT ODORS & impurities, relieves fatigue quickly, slows down aging and makes your skin smooth. This shower filter water softener acts as a moisturizer, purifier, softens and provides the best feeling for sensitive skin.
Popular Steam Shower Brands & Pricing
In the market, there are a lot of different brands and models of steam showers. Each with its own pros and cons. If you’re looking for the highest quality for the price, you should consider any of these brands:
Certainly, installing a new steam shower in your home will also increase monthly water and electricity costs that you should keep in mind. Fortunately, water costs aren’t so exaggerated since a 10-minute steam shower only consumes 1 gallon of water.
However, electricity costs will be higher, depending on the size and power of the steam generator. So, it’s recommended to consider all the operational costs before choosing any model.
In order to keep your shower head operational, it’s necessary to periodically check the components of the heating system. These components are exposed to heat for long time periods, so they may burn at any time.
If you aren’t familiar with what an electrician does, it’s better to hire a professional in case of a failure. Fortunately, maintaining a steam shower isn’t as expensive as installing one. Keeping a periodic cleaning routine will help extend the lifespan of each component.
If you still keep asking yourself: are steam showers worth the money? The answer is yes. Steam showers bring many health benefits because they reduce high stress levels and improve your mood. In addition, they combine the effects of a relaxing shower and a sauna.
Best of all, the steam shower installation cost can be as expensive or cheap as you want. It all depends on the size, materials and accessories you choose. In addition, installing one of these at home will increase the monetary value of your property, helping you earn some extra money on a future sale.