If you’re on a mission to buy a hot tub, you’ll want to know everything about its set up. Sometimes, you’re worried if you’ll get it right for the first time.
Should we say your heartaches are over? Yes, we can. We’ll be providing you with tips on how to set up a hot tub. So, sit back and let’s learn the trick together.
How to Set up a Hot Tub?
The process is way different than installing a freestanding tub or other bathtub types. So, you’ll find these steps to be very resourceful.
Step 1: Select the Location
You’ll pick out a suitable location to begin your hot tub set up. Make sure that the site is in order. If not, prepare it.
Besides, you might consider a deck, ground or concrete for the installation of the tub. Whatever is your choice. Ensure that the location is strong enough to support the weight of the filled hot tub and the occupants.
The ground must level enough to hold the tub in position.
If your chosen location for the hot tub is outside. Then create a proper drainage system for both pool and rainwater. Your hot tub needs electricity and it must be close to power sources.
Step 2: Install the Deck
You should know the load capacity of your deck. It is important to seek the advice of building experts if you’re placing your hot tub on a platform.
You should add the weight of occupants with the filled weight of the hot tub. This will help you to determine the capacity of the deck against the combined weight of your hot tub.
Another important thing to consider is the accessibility of your hot tub. You should get a deck design that gives you enough clearance to clean and maintain the hot tub with ease.
If you’re setting up other structures close to your hot tub. Try to make allowance for accessing the compartment panel.
Step 3: Position the Hot Tub
If the setup location of the hot tub is accessible, it can be carried to the location by two persons. If your ground is uneven, you can prepare a plywood plank to serve as a runway.
In some cases, your location may be too tight such that it’ll need a crane to position the hot tub. This may cost some money and should be the last resort.
Step 4: Rinse and Drain
You’ll need to rinse and drain your new hot tub to enhance its life and save you from infection. For example, new hot tubs come with antifreeze which protects its pipes from damages. Filling the tub with water and leaving it for some minutes will remove the antifreeze. This will help to clear the plumbing system.
You’ll rinse and clean your hot tub if you’ve not used it for long. This will reduce the number of disease-causing germs in the tub.
You may repeat the draining process of the hot tub to enhance its hygienic condition.
Step 5: Turn off All Power
Try to unplug all power connections to the hot tub before commencing any cleaning work. You should never make the mistake of leaving the power connected to the socket. This is to prevent electric shock on the hot tub.
Step 6: Clean the Tub
As you wouldn’t feel comfortable in a dirty bathroom, so you’ll not in a dirty hot tub. It doesn’t cost you a fortune to keep your hot tub clean. The first stage of the cleaning process is wiping the shell and cover.
You can use a sponge or soft cloth or any non-abrasive cleaner. This is to protect the hot tub from scratch or possible damage. Wash in clean water. If your tub has not been used for a while, you’ll use a cleaning solution. Finish off by rinsing it with tap water.
Step 7: Install the Filter
You’ll need clean water in your hot tub. Thus, it’s time to clean old filters or get new ones. Note that each of the cartridges in your hot tub needs a filter.
Try to check the filters to find out their state of functionality. This is very important for a hot tub you’ve not used for sometimes.
If there’s dirt on the filter, clean it using a filter cleaner. We recommend you clean it irrespective of how clean it appears. Perhaps you don’t see the dirt yet.
Inspect all the cleaned filters again before installing them. This is to ensure that they are in good condition for the task.
Step 8: Fill Your Hot Tub
You should use a hose filter while filling your hot tub. This is to ensure that no dirt or minerals deposit is in the water. Hose filters help to save you from the problems with mineral and metal deposits.
At this point of setting up a hot tub, it’s important to connect the hose filter to the filter well. This allows for the complete circulation of water in the system. Besides, it will clear out any airlock too.
It’s possible that you may not have a hose filter at hand. Don’t worry we have a solution. All you need to do is fix the hose to your hot tub filter. Yes, you’ll get the expected results as well.
You should pay attention to the instructions of the manufacturer on the level of water. Don’t add more water than recommended. Don’t forget that the water level rises as you’re inside the hot tub. More water will create more spills. More spilling implies more mess especially if your tub is indoor.
Likewise, you wouldn’t want to face the problems that result from the low water level. Yes, the pump and heater will malfunction if the water level is too low. Moreover, your pipes may freeze because of poor water circulation. Especially if you’re living in cold regions.
Step 9: Heat the Hot Tub
You shouldn’t expect to enjoy the hot tub immediately. This is because it’ll take at least 8 hours to heat up. Besides, the size of your tub, weather, and size of heater determines how soon the water gets hot.
Step 10: Maintain the Water Balance and Sanitize the Tub
One of the ways to promote a health bathe is balancing the water and sanitizing your hot tub always. Use the chemicals for tubs only. Try to measure the chemicals by comparing with the volume of water in the hot tub.
How to Install a Portable Hot Tub?
These are easy steps on how to set up a portable hot tub in your home.
- Select the location. Ensure that the hot tub is not under an overhead power line. Besides, it must be close to a power outlet and on level ground.
- Prepare the site. You should make your hot tub accessible by clearing the path. Trim the trees, remove any barrier, and weed the surrounding. Also, try to level the surface you’re to place the hot tub.
- Make a suitable base. A good option is to make a concrete base or get a large slab. You may opt for a wooden frame platform. Besides, you may use fine gravel as your base. The good thing with gravel is that it allows water to disappear from your tub which in turn prevents it from damage.
- Set the needed electrical installation. If your portable hot tub is installed near a socket outlet, then your task is easy. Yet, you’ll need the services of a professional electrician. He’ll make the necessary electrical installation for the hot tub. Especially if its located away from a power outlet.
- Fill your hot tub. Ensure that you adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions on the volume of water in your hot tub. Don’t make it higher or lesser than what is acceptable.
- PREMIUM ACCESSORIES – The CosySpa Hot Tub is available with a range of additional high-end accessories including a comfort set that is comprised of a drinks holder and 2 head rests as well as an optional inflatable lid and filters for improved cleanliness.
- SIMPLE SET UP – Equipped with an integrated pump that is situated within the inflatable wall of the tub, this luxury hot tub spa has been designed for seamless and quick assembly. Filter & cartridge included (stored in external pump) – change/cleaned every 1-2 months.
- COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE – Each CosySpa blow up hot tub is supplied with a complete and comprehensive package for added simplicity. This includes a 600W air pump, a 3.5m long power cable, 130 x 3mm air jets for the 4-6-person option and 110 x 3mm air jets for the 2-4 tub. Additionally, a filter, cap and ground cover are also included. PLEASE NOTE: The filter will require daily cleaning whilst in use and will need to be changed monthly.
- 4-6 PERSON CAPACITY – This CE certified hot tub is available in 2 sizes that perfectly designed for 2-4 or 4-6 people. The smaller tub has a water capacity of 211 gallons (800L) while the larger option can comfortable fit 264 gallons (1000L).
- ELITE MATERIALS AND COMPOSITION – The luxury CosySpa swim spa has been manufactured from a combination of hard-wearing PVC fabric and aluminium foil. This deluxe foil lid coupled with the rapid water heating system will ensure optimal heat retention.
How to Set Up an Inflatable Hot Tub
Here is how to set up an inflatable hot tub.
- Read the manufacturer’s manual. Every instruction on how to set up a hot tub is found in your manual. Ensure that you don’t miss even the slightest detail.
- Choose the best site. Be sure that your hot tub is located near a power outlet. You shouldn’t use an extension cable since it could create some hazardous risks.
- Check the surface to weigh its level: An unleveled surface could damage your hot tub. So, avoid it.
- Remove any sharp object from the ground. It can puncture it and spill the water.
- Be conscious of the largest filled weight. Ensure that the mounting surface is strong enough for your filled hot tub. Most inflatable hot tub models can weigh above 2000 pounds. Be sure that the floor can take this weight and the users too.
- Bear windbreak in mind. You’ll save some bucks by placing your hot tub closer to windbreaks. Build a small wall or fence to create an artificial windbreak. Especially where the natural windbreak isn’t available. A windbreak will reduce the rate of cooling of the water. So, you’ll avoid the cost of heating the water too often.
- Inflate your hot tub. It’s cool if you inflate your hot top in an open place. Then, convey it to the prepared location. Avoid lifting the inflated hot tub yourself. Get someone to assist you to carry the motor unit.
- Don’t over-inflate or over-fill your hot tub. The truth is you’ll be increasing the pressure on the seams of the hot tub by over-inflating it. Moreover, too much weight will change its shape and it’ll leak with time. If you’re filling your hot tub for the first time, stop at the least fill-line. This will prevent water spills while using your hot tub.
- Keep your water balanced and sanitized. Add the right measure of chemicals to balance your water. Keep it clean always to protect the health and wellbeing of the users.
You’ve always wished to have a hot tub in your home right? You should get one now that you know how to set up a hot tub. The steps to setting up a hot tub are pretty easy. Ensure that you read the manufacturer’s instructions and keep to the rules.